In this article, we will cover how to add messaging to your Tithely plan. You will learn how to subscribe and set up your messaging area.
Tithely All-Access Plans
If you have Tithely All-Access, you will still need to set up Messaging. Credit Card details are needed in order to add Messaging even if you have All-Access. The monthly fee is waived and the first 500 messages sent each month are included with All-Access as well. The credit card information is needed if your account sends over the included 500 messages per month ($10 is charged for an additional 500 messages)
Set Up Messaging
🚨 Important Update on SMS Regulation Changes 🚨
- 📌 For phone numbers in the "Pending Approval" phase, SMS containing URLs will be blocked starting November 8th, 2023.
- 📌 By January 31st, 2024, all SMS from these "Pending Approval" numbers, regardless of content, will also be blocked.
"Pending Approval" refers to phone numbers that are newly registered and awaiting full clearance, a process that takes roughly 3 weeks.
Both new customers registering their phone numbers and existing customers with numbers still in the "Pending Approval" phase will be affected.
- In your Tithely Dashboard, Select Messaging from the left-hand menu.
- Next select Sign Up Today.
- Select a card on file or select Add New Payment and enter your payment details to get started.
- Select Sign Up.
- Once you have signed up select Communication on the next page.
Note: You can access this page at any time by selecting Messaging > Settings.
- Select a Messaging Phone Number.
Note: Select your preferred number from the drop-down menu
- Add a Messaging Email Address.
- Select Save Changes.
Select Messaging from the navigation bar to start exploring the messaging tool and send SMS and email messages to your church.
Be sure to register your SMS number to avoid any delivery issues.
Additional Set Up
If you would like insights into how your messaging is performing you can set up notifications. Notifications can:
- Send you an email notification of unread messages
- Send you an SMS notification of unread messages
- Send you email notifications when a new tier is reached
Note: A tier is how many SMS you have sent/are available in your billing period. Tier 0 is the 500 SMS included every month, each following tier will include 500 SMS at a cost of $10.
- Select Messaging.
- Select Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Check the notifications you would like to receive.
- Select Save Changes.