Edit SEO Settings on Any Page
- Login to your Tithely account and select Sites from the left menu. Or login to your site directly.
- On any page of your website, click on the FAB (edit pencil), which can be found on the top left side of the page. Select Page SEO Settings.
- Update SEO Settings: Page Title, Meta Keywords and Meta Description.
Separate meta keywords by a comma.
- Click Save SEO Settings
Page titles is a short description of a webpage and it also appears at the top of a browser window. A page title should also include the page's keyword in the title.
Meta Keywords are a type of meta tag that appear in the code of a webpage. The tag allows search engines to find your page and appear in search results. The single most important thing to remember is to ensure that each keyword accurately reflects the content of your page.
Meta descriptions are an HTML attribute summarizing the webpage. Google will often times display the meta description.
Does Tithely help with Google Ranking or Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
We're really excited to see how well Tithely Sites websites rank for many of the terms you would want to appear for. We did a lot of work upfront so that you wouldn't need to worry about SEO too much down the line.
That being said, if there are any specific terms you'd like to appear for, the best technique is creating content that uses those words. For example, if you want to appear for "Young Adults Ministry in North Vancouver," you need to make a page that says those words. You need to talk about your young adult's ministry, write news with updates on it, and add events for it.
The idea with Google ranking is that they want to provide the most useful possible content to the person searching. To rank high in a Google search, you need to create a website so that Google determines there is no better website on the internet that they would rather take the searcher to.
Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Website:
- Updating the content with new information every week. Fresh content will help the site rank better with Google.
- Using the website address in all materials (ie. emails, newsletter, posters, etc.) to encourage people to visit the website for more information. More visitors to the website increases your Google ranking.
- Creating a Facebook Page for your Church has been one of the most successful tools for churches to drive traffic to their website.
- Encouraging members and staff to post weekly updates on Facebook will help drive members and visitors back to the website. Again, more visitors to the website will help increase your Google ranking.
User Permissions needed to access Sites
Account Owner, or Admin. Or Admin Permissions granted directly on the Tithely Site. If you have additional questions, please reference this article.