Here at Tithely, our first priority is the success of our churches! We realize that meeting the increasing needs of churches and organizations is a big challenge; consequently, there will be moments when Tithely doesn't fully meet all of those needs.
Looking To Downgrade But Not Cancel Your Account?
If you want to keep your subscription to some products and not others, you can downgrade to the products you only want instead of canceling your whole account.
See Downgrade Your Subscriptions for more information on viewing and editing your subscriptions.
How to Cancel Your Account
If you are the Account Owner of your Church account and have decided that Tithely isn't right for your teams at this time, you can cancel your account by working through steps 1-4 below.
Important Things to Know
- Only the Account Owner can request the cancellation of the account.
- If the user attempting to cancel the account is not the Account Owner, they will receive a message telling them that the Account Owner can only do this.
- You'll still receive any pending transfers from Online Giving to your bank account after you cancel your account.
- Once the account is canceled, no one can access any information on any Tithely products.
- You will no longer be charged if you have a subscription.
Step 1: Export Your Data
You'll want to export your data before you cancel your account because once you cancel, you will no longer be able to access your account.
To learn how to export your data from Tithely, follow the steps outlined in our help article.
To learn how to export your data from Elvanto, follow the steps outlined in Viewing and Exporting People from Elvanto.
Step 2: Downgrade Your Subscription
To ensure a clean account closure, you'll need to downgrade your subscription to Complete Giving $0/month. See Downgrade Your Subscriptions for more information on viewing and editing your subscriptions.
Step 3: Cancel Your Recurring Donations
You’ll want to cancel your recurring givers and notify them that you will be canceling your account with Tithely.
To do so, follow the steps outlined in Editing Recurring Giving Donations as an Admin.
Step 4: Let Our Team Know
You can cancel your account entirely by contacting our support team once the steps above are completed. A representative will contact you to confirm confirmation of the cancellation of your account.
Will The Data be Deleted?
- Giving: No
- Elvanto: Yes! 30 days upon cancellation your data will be queued for permanent deletion from Elvanto. Please ensure you export any desired data from your Elvanto account prior to cancellation. To do so, follow the steps outlined in Viewing and Exporting People from Elvanto
In the event your account is canceled prior to you exporting your data, we do have a Data Recovery Service.
How Can I Access Data From a Cancelled Account?
Reach out to our support team to reopen your account for temporary access.