Whether you have recently launched your website, or just made updates to your content, it can take a couple of weeks for these changes to show in Google Search results. There are a few steps you can take to speed this process up.
Recently Launched Websites:
If you have just launched your website, it can take a couple of weeks to appear in search engine results. If you’d like to speed this process up, you can submit your domain for indexing here.
If you have a larger website with over 100 pages, you can create a site map to improve your search results.
Submit your domain for indexing.
It can take a couple of weeks for a new website to appear in search engine results. You can speed up this process by submitting your domain for indexing on Google Search Console.
Generate a sitemap for your Tithely site.
A sitemap is a file that lists all the pages on your website. Creating a sitemap can improve your search results, especially if your website has over 100 pages. To generate a sitemap for your Tithely site, follow the steps below.
Generate a Sitemap for Your Tithely Site to Submit to Google
- Use a sitemap generator such as https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/.
- Once the sitemap generator has created the sitemap, click the "Download your XML Sitemap" button to download the sitemap file.
- Open the downloaded sitemap file in a text editor such as VSCode, Notepad (Windows), or TextEdit (Mac).
- Copy the contents of the sitemap file.
- Add the sitemap to your Tithely site: To add the sitemap to your Tithely site, follow these steps:
- Submit your sitemap to Google: Once you've added the sitemap to your Tithely site, you can submit it to Google. The URL of your sitemap will be in the format exampledomain.com/sitemap.xml. To submit your sitemap to Google, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Search Console and select your website.
- Click on "Sitemaps" in the left-hand menu.
- Enter "sitemap.xml" in the "Add a new sitemap" field.
- Click "Submit".
Recently Updated Websites
If you've recently updated or added new content to your website, you can request Google to re-crawl your site. This can speed up the process of your changes appearing in Google search results.
Here's how to request a re-crawl:
Go to Google Search Console and select your website.
Click on "URL Inspection" in the left-hand menu.
Enter the URL of the page you want to be re-crawled.
Click "Request indexing".
Google will now re-crawl the page and update its index.
We hope these steps help you get your Tithely site to show in Google search results quickly. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to Tithely support for assistance.