Whether you have recently launched your website, or just made updates to your content, it can take a couple of weeks for these changes to show in Google Search results. There are a few steps you can take to speed this process up.
Recently Launched Websites:
If you have just launched your website, it can take a couple of weeks to appear in search engine results. If you’d like to speed this process up, you can submit your domain for indexing here.
If you have a larger website with over 100 pages, you can create a site map to improve your search results.
Submit your domain for indexing.
It can take a couple of weeks for a new website to appear in search engine results. You can speed up this process by submitting your domain for indexing on Google Search Console.
Generate a sitemap for your Tithely site.
A sitemap is a file that lists all the pages on your website. Creating a sitemap can improve your search results, especially if your website has over 100 pages. To generate a sitemap for your Tithely site, follow the steps below.
Generate a Sitemap for Your Tithely Site to Submit to Google
- Use a sitemap generator such as https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/.
- Once the sitemap generator has created the sitemap, click the "Download your XML Sitemap" button to download the sitemap file.
- Open the downloaded sitemap file in a text editor such as VSCode, Notepad (Windows), or TextEdit (Mac).
- Copy the contents of the sitemap file.
- Add the sitemap to your Tithely site: To add the sitemap to your Tithely site, follow these steps:
- Submit your sitemap to Google: Once you've added the sitemap to your Tithely site, you can submit it to Google. The URL of your sitemap will be in the format exampledomain.com/sitemap.xml. To submit your sitemap to Google, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Search Console and select your website.
- Click on "Sitemaps" in the left-hand menu.
- Enter "sitemap.xml" in the "Add a new sitemap" field.
- Click "Submit".
Recently Updated Websites
If you've recently updated or added new content to your website, you can request Google to re-crawl your site. This can speed up the process of your changes appearing in Google search results.
Here's how to request a re-crawl:
Go to Google Search Console and select your website.
Click on "URL Inspection" in the left-hand menu.
Enter the URL of the page you want to be re-crawled.
Click "Request indexing".
Google will now re-crawl the page and update its index.