At Tithely, we're committed to safeguarding your sensitive data. In our ongoing efforts to enhance your protection, we've rolled out a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) process for specific dashboard sections where sensitive updates occur.
Benefits of Multi-Factor Authentication:
Enhanced Security: MFA ensures that only verified individuals can access and modify sensitive areas. It adds a secondary verification step, making unauthorized access highly improbable.
Protect Church Finances: With MFA in place for updating banking details, the risk of an unauthorized individual redirecting church funds is significantly reduced.
Assured Control Over Administrative Access: As you add new admins, MFA ensures that only authorized individuals can grant these high-level accesses. This prevents malicious actors from gaining undue control over your Tithely account.
How MFA Works:
Triggering MFA: Whenever you attempt to update sensitive areas like bank information, add an admin, or swap account ownership, the MFA process will initiate.
Text Message (SMS): If you select this option, a verification code will be sent to the phone number associated with your account.
The phone number used for text verification must be pre-verified with your account. If you wish to use this method and haven’t verified your phone number, head over to ‘core info’ to verify it.
- Email: If you don’t have a phone number associated or prefer this method, a verification code will be emailed to you.
- Text Message (SMS): If you select this option, a verification code will be sent to the phone number associated with your account.
Entering the Verification Code: Once you receive the code via text or email, enter it into the provided field and proceed.
Completion: After successful verification, you can continue with your intended task.
What do I do if I've entered the wrong verification code?
- Inputting the wrong code multiple times requires you to either resend the code or exit the window and begin the process anew.
The phone number or email linked to my account for MFA isn't current. How can I update it?
- To ensure smooth MFA processes, it's crucial your contact information is up-to-date. You can update your phone number or email in the 'core info' section of your account. Make sure you have access to the phone or email you link for verification purposes.
How much time do I have to input the verification code?
- After receiving the verification code, you have a 60-second window to input it.
My verification code expired before I could use it. How can I proceed?
- Verification codes have a short validity period of 60 seconds, for security reasons. If your code expires, simply request a new one and ensure you enter it promptly upon receipt.
I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS or email. How can I resolve this?
- First, double-check your email's spam/junk folder to see if the code landed there. For SMS, ensure your phone number is correct and that you have a good signal. If these steps don't help, you can request to have the code resent.
What do I do if I can't MFA for my account?
- Please reach out to our support team to verify your account.