After determining the number of active people in your account, you may want to setup routine checks to ensure your count remains consistent. One of the best ways to go about this is by running useful searches to find incorrectly categorized people.
Useful searches to find incorrectly categorized members.
One of the most common things to cause an incorrect ‘active adult’ count is for children to be entered into the system without being marked correctly. You can perform advanced searches or generate a report to find and rectify these people with the following criteria:
Using the ‘Match all of the following fields’, add:
- Age is less than 18 (Or the age that you consider ‘Adult’ in your local area)
- ‘Family Relationship’ ‘Does not contain’ ‘Child’
Please note that the system does not use age to determine if an individual is an adult or a child, only the individual’s family relationships. Anyone not marked as a child is an adult according to the system.
Other filters to consider
- Did not attend a service or group in the last 3 months. AND
- Financial – ‘Transaction amount’ ‘is between’ ‘(date 3 months ago)’ and ‘(current date)’ ‘equals’ ‘0’.This can be used to show people who aren’t giving financially anymore. Unfortunately this filter requires you to manually set the dates and as such can be a hassle for scheduled report emails.
- ‘School grade’ ‘is not empty’ AND ‘family relationship’ ‘does not contain’ ‘child’.Finds people that are in school, but aren’t marked as Children.
- Filtering by People Categories.You can create a People Category for visitors or inactive members, and then search these categories and make sure the members in this category are either archived or contacts.