Do you realize that you can be up and running with Tithe.ly within minutes of signing up? If you're reading this help article, there is a good chance you've already completed the signup process. If not, sign up for Tithe.ly here.
Once you're signed up, follow the steps below and you'll be up and running with Tithe.ly in no time at all.
We MUST verify your Tithe.ly account after you sign up. In order to do that, our team will call / email you, if they haven't already made contact. Please be on alert for this communication as we WILL NOT deposit funds into your bank account until we've verified your identity. Thank you!
1. Set Up Your Giving Page
- Add your custom statement descriptor - Add a custom “statement descriptor” so people will see your organization name on their card statements. Go to My Churches > Edit Organization, and look near the top of the page for this item. What you put in here is what will show up on your donors' credit and bank statements, so be sure to use wording that helps them identify their transaction. This help article has more information if needed.
Create your custom funds / designations - You may or may not have created fund/designations during signup so be sure you check on this. Fund/designations are things like "Tithe", "Offering", "Building Fund". "Missions", etc. You can manage them by going to My Churches > Edit Organization and looking near the bottom under, the section titled Giving Types.
This help article has more information if needed
- Turn on optional fields (if needed) - Turn additional fields on for your giving form. You may want to capture things like mobile phone number, address, or memo. To do this, go to My Churches > Edit Organization and look near the top of the page. Check the box for each field you'd like to turn on.
- Add your branding (logo & color) - Add your logo and colors to the giving form and customize your email confirmation message so people stay connected with your brand. Go to My Churches > Edit Brand and fill out the information on the page.
Customize your email confirmation receipts - Personalize the giving receipt that every donor receives when they give to your church. Doing this adds a great personal touch to the receipt that they receive and will continue to inspire them to be generous and connect the act of giving to the mission of your church.
This help article has more information if needed.
2. Learn about the Tithe.ly Giving admin tools
Giving Admin Video Walkthrough - Click here to watch the overview video of the giving admin. This video will walk you through all of the important sections that you will navigate through on a weekly basis.
View transaction reporting - Click here to learn more about viewing and filtering donations.
Learn about bank deposit - Click here to learn more about viewing your Bank Deposits and Click here to learn more about the Bank Deposit schedule.
Exporting Data - You can export your data into a .CSV file that can be used for importing into other systems (ChMS, Accounting, etc) or simply for manipulating in Excel. Click here to learn more.
- How to Send Year End Giving Statements - If you want to send your donors their end of year tax receipts with all of their giving that has happened through Tithely, it's simple! Click here to learn more.
3. Put the giving form on your website
Next, be sure to put the Tithe.ly giving form on your website by using the embed code or direct link. Make sure that you put the "Give" button somewhere extremely visible so that everyone sees it and knows where to give. The best place to put it is in the top of your website. This help article has more information if needed.
4. Download the free mobile giving app
You can download the free Tithe.ly mobile giving app for iOS or Android on this page. You'll want to download the app to your phone so you can experience account creation and giving yourself. This will allow you to explain it to others more easily.
5. Give a donation
Give a small donation so that you can experience the full giving process personally. This will allow you to see your customized giving form, email confirmation, and what shows up on your statements. It will also allow you to see the transaction and deposit reporting sections.
6. Review our complete launch guide
Once you've completed the above steps it's time to start thinking about launching Tithe.ly. Check out our 4 step guide to effectively launching Tithe.ly. It's packed with free resources and templates you can use as well as a step by step process for launching with a bang!