While viewing a bank deposit that includes a recent refund, you will notice a Total Adjustments line. The Total Adjustments line is the fees that were paid back to your church by Tithely after a refund has been made.
- A donor donates to your church $100.00 and covers the fees making the total gift $103.20.
Note: Adjustments occur regardless of whether the donor covers the fees.
- The donor requests a refund for the $103.20.
- One of two scenarios takes place:
- The money was in transit when the refund occurred, and the funds were never deposited into the church's bank.
- The money was deposited into the church's bank and Tithely will deduct the funds from a future deposit.
Note: This could result in a debit from the church's bank account if a future deposit is less than the refund amount.
- The donor is refunded $103.20
- $3.20 is deposited by Tithely into the church's account to cover the transaction fees.
Note: the $3.20 is the total adjustment in this scenario.
This results in a Net of $3.20 for the church and will be reflected as an Adjustment on your deposit report.