Your church might be using Pledge Campaigns to raise money for different types of goals, like the purchase of a new building or the annual budget, and that can make the pledge tool so important to any ministry! The first step in contributing to a campaign is making a pledge. Follow the steps below to learn how!
1. Enter Total Pledge Amount. The pledge amount is the total amount that you are pledging so all of the other figures will adjust, based on your settings, to total this number.
2. Select Your Donation Frequency. While this step's default is no selection, a selection is required in order to continue.
You have 4 frequencies to choose from:
1st & 15th
3. Select the Amount You'd Like To Give Today. Here, you have the option to customize your donation or wait until a later date to give by leaving your selection at $0.00.
The values that auto-generate will be based on your Total Pledge Amount, the frequency selected, and the time remaining in the campaign. For example, if your Total Pledge Amount is $12,000, is set to a Monthly donation frequency, and the pledge campaign's duration is 1 year, then your first gift would be $1,000 as $12,000 divided by 12 months is $1,000. The second value allows you to double this amount.
4. If you select Custom as the Amount You'd Like To Give Today, a new row will display below the amount selector, and you will be able to enter your Custom amount.
5. Choose dates to start and end your pledge. You can select any dates you'd like, as long as they fall between the pledge campaign's start and end date.
6. Your Pledge Plan. These figures will update a Pledge Plan at the bottom of the page in real-time as you fill in your pledge details. This Pledge Plan helps to ensure that the resulting Pledge is clear to the Pledger.
7. Click the Create My Pledge button. If all details are entered, you will be able to set up your first donation!