Fund mapping gives you the ability to line up your Tithe.ly giving funds with your QuickBooks Online Charter of Accounts. For instance, you may have a Tithe.ly fund named General Fund and want all deposits to that fund to be added to the Income: Tithes account in QuickBooks.
To configure fund mapping, follow these steps.
- Follow the steps to get to the location settings.
- Click the desired location's Map Fund Names link.
3. By default, only active Tithe.ly funds and QuickBooks accounts are shown. Click the show all funds link to include inactive funds. See this QuickBooks post about activating inactive QuickBooks accounts.
4. If you make updates to either your Tithe.ly funds or QuickBooks accounts, we'll pull those in automatically each night when we look for deposits. However, if you want to force the system to update immediately, click the Refresh fund names and accounts link. It may take a couple of minutes to pull all values. Refreshing the page should then show any renames or additions you have made.
5. By default, when you set up a location initially, you select a Default QuickBooks line account. This will be used when no fund map exists. You may override this value by setting a QuickBooks account for any listed Tithe.ly account.
6. Click the Save button to update the mapping.
Any changes made will affect the next synchronization of deposits from Tithe.ly to QuickBooks. If a rename is made, it will affect all existing activity in the Activity Dashboard. If a new account is selected for an existing fund, previous records will not be changed and only future synchronization of deposits will reflect the change.