If you are having trouble connecting your Tithe.ly Pay Card Reader to Tithe.ly Pay please try the following steps:
Confirm the Tithe.ly Pay Card Reader is powered on, charged, and not connected to another device. The reader’s status light should be flashing blue.
- Ensure that the reader was fully disconnected from any previous device using Tithe.ly Pay directly, rather than taking the reader out of range.
- Ensure that the reader was not previously paired to a POS device via the device’s Bluetooth settings. Go to Bluetooth settings in any previously paired devices and “Forget” the device.
Confirm the reader is in-range of the iOS device running TIthe.ly Pay (usually 10-20 ft).
Troubleshoot the reader / iOS device’s Bluetooth connection:
- Restarting the Tithe.ly Pay app should always be you first step if there is a connectivity issue. If the reader is on, then this will prompt the app to reconnect again and this normally corrects all connection problems.
- If the Tithe.ly Pay Reader is in a holster or case, attempt to connect to the reader without the holster or case.
- Attempt to connect to the Tithe.ly Pay Reader with the iOS’s WiFi settings turned off. This will indicate if WiFi instability is interfering with the ability to connect to the reader via Bluetooth.
If the connection succeeds with WiFi turned off, then take one of the following approaches to resolve:
- Reconnect the iOS device to internet using a cellular connection or
- Move closer to the WiFi access point to reduce WiFi interference or
Reset the WiFi router to a 5GHz band to ensure 2.4GHz band (shared by Bluetooth) isn’t too crowded
I’ve tried diagnosing steps above and it’s still not working.
Perform the following checks:
- Make sure the Tithe.ly Card Reader is up to date.
- Ensure Location Services are on for the iOS Device, as GPS location coordinates are required for payments to succeed.
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on in the device settings; bluetooth is required to connect to the reader
- Always connect to the Tithe.y Card Reader directly from the application. Do not connect via device settings. Upon connection, the reader’s LED light will be steady blue.
- Always disconnect from the Tithe.ly Card Reader directly from the application before connecting it to another iOS device. Upon disconnection, the reader’s LED light will be flashing blue.
- Keep readers charged. Readers should last for ~10 hours of standby use. If the reader’s battery is low, its LED light will be flashing red.
If you are still having trouble please reach out to email@example.com