Tithe.ly Sites Live Stream feature allows you to embed your virtual event on your website using YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook.
• Schedule your live stream
• Add your video link from Facebook, YouTube, or Vimeo
• A countdown at the top of your website
• Share scripture or notes from your sermon
• Set the look and feel of your live stream in Site Design
It will allow visitors to your live stream:
• View your live stream within 1-click of landing on your website
• Participate in a chat with other viewers
• Easily give via Tithe.ly
• Share your live stream with friends on Facebook and Twitter
In this article we will help you understand all the important details of how to run a live stream on your Tithe.ly Site, including:
• How to schedule a live stream
• How to edit/delete a live stream
• How to style and customize your live stream player
• Helpful Resources
How to Add First Live Stream to Your Tithely Site
From any page on the site, click the Quick Add Menu ' + ' next to the Admin Menu top right of the website, and then click "Live Stream" in the drop-down
Live Stream URL
The only video links that are currently supported are Facebook, YouTube or Vimeo.
Please note: custom YouTube Links (or links to channel) do not work, you must use the unique link for your video. (Learn How to Find Your Video URL.)
If your streaming service isn't supported using links (as described above), use the "Switch to Custom iFrame" button and embed your video.
Link to your Livestream Page
yourdomain.com/live will direct people to your livestream page.
You can add a menu item and link it to /live to create an easy access route to your livestreams for website visitors.
The list of speakers is pulled from your website user Speaker group (in the same way it is used within the Sermon Player Feature). Learn more about how to: Add a New Speaker in Tithe.ly Sites
Stream Start and End Times
Simulated Live Stream
If simulated is set to “On”, your video will simulate as if it started at the “Start Time.” For example, if the person shows up 10 minutes after the start time, the video will start playing at the 10 minute mark. This will help people stay in sync with others in the Chat window. If set to “Off” your video will always start from the beginning.
If set to “On,” a countdown timer will be added to the topbar area of your site.
Please note: If chat is enabled, a "Join chat" button will appear 30 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled live stream. When the countdown has ended the button will update to "Watch Now."
“Scripture” can be changed to a word of choice within the Live Stream Design Settings. More details below on How to customize the Text area (Scripture) Label.
Turn chat on, off or have it be password protected.
If password protected, create a password to share with those you'd like to give access to chat.
Create Live Stream
How to Edit (Or Delete) A Live Stream
To add, remove or change a scheduled Live Stream follow these steps.
Click on the 'Admin' button at the top right of your website and select 'Content' from the dropdown
2. Select 'Live Streams' from the left-hand menu
3. Click the 'More' button on the right of the Live Stream item you'd like to edit or delete
4. Next edit details, then click 'Save Live Stream'. To Delete scheduled Live Stream, click the red trash at the top of the screen.
How to Style and Customize Your Live Stream Player
Click on the 'Admin' button at the top right of your website and select 'Design' from the dropdown
2. Select 'Live Streams' from the left-hand menu
3. Choose your Background Color: your brand colors are pulled in here the same way blocks use your colors set in the Design are of your site
4. Update your Giving button label
5. Update the Text Area label
6. Password Help Text
7. Button Color: your brand colors are pulled in here the same way blocks use your colors set in the Design are of your site
8. Choose which version of your logo to use
9. Click 'Save Stream Settings'
Active Live Stream
Live Stream Page (yourdomainhere.com/live)
Note the chat and Playlist tabs on the upper right. Past Live Stream services will auto archive to the playlist (past 10 only) after the live stream has ended.
Why is my Giving button not showing up?
By default the giving button will link to your Tithe.ly Giving. If you have a Tithe.ly Giving account and the button is not showing up, please contact our Sites support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a Tithe.ly Giving account, sign up for your free Giving account today at get.tithe.ly.
Is there a direct link to Live Stream page?
Yes, go to yourdomainhere.com/live
Is there a way to delete comments within the chat?
No, there is currently no moderator in chat
Is there a way for watchers to submit prayer questions?
Prayer Request Form in Live Stream feature coming soon.
YouTube Live Streaming
How to Get the Facebook Link for Your Live Stream Post
To embed using a single link, navigate to your Facebook page.
Copy the URL from this page (e.g., https://www.facebook.com/testpage).
Add a ‘/live/’ at the end of the URL (e.g., https://www.facebook.com/testpage/live/).
Paste the link into your tithely site livestream post.
This embed will showcase either the current Live video, or most recent Live video
❗ Important Note: Facebook is very complex and we are not able to help with Facebook Support related issues. Please contact Facebook Support if you need any further assistance with Facebook Live.