If you are uploading your sermon or audio file mp3 files to the site, it is important to keep the file size under 50MB per sermon if you can.
Here are some tips to help keep the file size down:
-Convert to mono (instead of stereo)
-You can use lower Khz settings
-Trim away unnecessary recording (ie. silence, announcements)
- Go to http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3
- Scroll down to choose where you are going to upload your audio from. In most cases, you are probably using an audio file saved on your computer, so for that you would just click the "Browse" or "Choose File" button (wording depends on the browser you're using).
3. Once you've selected your file, go down to the options and use the recommended settings in the image below:
4. Click Convert file and it will convert the file for you and download the new MP3 copy for you to upload on your website.
Compressing Audio Files with Audacity
In order to compress audio files, you need an appropriate software program. An example would be a site like Audacity (available for Windows or Mac)
Here’s how to compress mp3 audio files before uploading the file to your website using Audacity.
- Open the mp3 file in Audacity
- Go to File –> Export Audio
- Pick File Type –> MP3 Files
- Set Bit Rate Mode to Average.
- Set the Quality to 32kbs
- Set Channel Mode to Join Stereo
- Press Save and then OK
Another option is to use Audio Format.