If the calendar view on the events page doesn't meet the specific needs of your church, you will also have the option to embed a Google Calendar on your site. Here is an article with more information on the Tithe.ly Sites Events Calendar and below are instructions on how to embed a Google Calendar.
1. Login to the website.
2. Make sure you are signed into either your gmail account or into another email address registered with Google.
3. Go to your Google Calendar which can be viewed at: https://www.google.com/calendar once you are signed in.
4. Click on the drop-down menu beside the calendar you want to share.
In the example below, if you wanted to embed the Tithe.ly Sites Admin calendar, you would click the drop-down arrow to the right of "Church OS Admin".
5. From here, click on “Share this calendar” and tick the boxes for "Share this calendar with others" & "Make this calendar public" and click Save.
NOTE: If you want to have a 'colour coded' calendar, you will need to make separate Google calendars first for each colour that you want in the calendar. Click the drop down beside "My Calendar", and click "Create New Calendar". Make all the calendars public that you want visible on the website by following steps 4 and 5.
6. Next, in your first calendar click on the drop down arrow, and then click on "Calendar Settings".
7. In the "Embed this calendar area" click on "Customize the color, size and other options".
8. Tick off the calendars you want on the website in the "Calendars to Display" area. (You can change the colors here if you'd like. ie. I change Calendar from green to purple)
You can further customize the way your calendar will appear on the website using the settings on the left, and you are shown a preview of what the calendar will look like on the website.
9. Highlight and copy all of the iFrame code in the box under where it says “Copy and paste the HTML”.
10. Go to the page on your website where you would like the Google Calendar to be embedded.
Note: You may need to create a new page if one isn't already created.
11. Edit the text area and click the "Source Code" button in the editing bar. From here you can paste the copied "iFrame" code from your clipboard.
Note: if you are having issues, please contact Tithe.ly to help embed the iframe.
11. Click 'Save Text' to save changes.
From here you will most likely need to add a button on the website to link to the new calendar page. See the Related Articles for instructions on how to create menu buttons.
If you run into any issues or need help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.