A site-wide alert allows you to communicate important information or updates to website visitors on every page of your website. This works great if you have an event or worship service that has been canceled! Just follow the directions below and you will be able to use those in no time! :)
How to turn ON a Site Wide Alert:
- Log in to the site, and create a new News Post. The title of the post will be what everyone sees with the alert at the top of the website. You can include any details or necessary information in the description of the news post.
- Under Placement, select 'Site Wide Alert'
- Click Save. The site wide alert will now be displayed at the top of the page in a red ribbon. Website visitors can always click the little "x" to remove the alert once they have seen it.
How to turn OFF a site wide alert:
- Make sure you are logged into the website and go to the News post, and click the 'Edit' button.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose between the following:If you want to keep the news post, uncheck 'Site Wide Alert' and then click save which will just remove the site wide alert but will keep the news post on your news page.If you want to delete the post entirely, click the 'Delete' button which will remove the site wide alert as well as the news post.