It is incredibly important to ensure your volunteers are correctly trained in how your church uses the check-in system. Good training helps ensure that your volunteers do the correct thing when checking children in, and that your children remain safe.
- Training Volunteers on how to use Check-in
- Training Volunteers on how to add People from the Check-in Window
Training Volunteers on how to use Check-in
When training your volunteers on how to use the check-in system, there’s a number of things that you should keep in mind when training them. Below is a quick checklist that you can use when preparing your training.
How many labels need to be printed?
- If a particular room needs an extra set of labels printed, make sure that your volunteers know this.
How to check security codes and session codes and how to recognise the difference between the two
- If you’re using session codes, make sure your volunteers remember to check the session code, not just the names, on any labels they are looking at.
- Sessions codes change each time a member is checked in. Make sure volunteers know this, and look for the correct session codes.
How to make sure children are being checked out correctly
When to use the check-in all button and when to check-in individual children
- The Check-in All button will check every person in the family into every available service.
What the information on the check-in labels means
- As the labels can be customized to your needs, your volunteers should know how to read the check-in labels and know what the information on them means.
Where print stations are and what the different rooms print to
- As your volunteers are printing labels out, if the labels are being printed out at print stations in different areas, it’s vital that your volunteers know where the print stations are and where they should direct your members to, in order for them to pick up any labels they require
- If you aren’t using room specific print stations, this won’t be an issue
Training your Volunteers on how to add new People and Families from the Check-in Window
When adding new people and families from the Check-in window ensure that you make sure your volunteers and staff know what information need to add.
What information to collect about the individuals
- What contact information is required
- What custom field information should you collect, to add in later
How to add a family-wide security code. (Especially useful with barcode scanning!)
- How to use the barcode scanner to add a members security code
- How to edit the members Security Code when checking them in
How to format phone numbers when adding them into the system
- Remembering to take any dialing codes, where relevant.
- The system doesn’t need spaces entered, just the number. The system will then format correctly, as per the format chosen in the account settings
When to take email addresses for children OR when children should use their parent’s email address.
- Children will, most likely, not be receiving many emails from you, especially when younger. As such, you’d set their profile to use just their parents email address