Adding a giving button to your website doesn't have to be difficult or confusing! You can either use the direct link that takes people to your dedicated online giving form or you can embed your Tithe.ly giving form right into your website using your embed code.
Watch the Video
Read below for detailed instructions.
#1 - Using Giving Form Embed Code
Things to note before you begin:
Before attempting to embed a code on your website please make sure your theme or subscription allows for custom code. If it does not you will need to use method #2 on this article or upgrade your subscription.
It is also important to know if your website is SSL secure. If your site does not has SSL security the Tithe.ly giving button will warn users that the site may not be secure. You can tell is your site has SSL Security if it starts with HTTPS. If your site only starts with HTTP you do not have this and will need to contact your website provider.
Retrieving your Tithe.ly giving form Code:
- Login to your Tithe.ly account and click on the "Website Giving" tab located in the left menu. You'll see a page that looks like the below screen shot.
- If you have multiple organizations (churches, campuses, ministries, etc) setup in your account, select the correct organization from the drop down located near the top.
- Copy the HTML code from the top of the page labeled "Simple Giving Widget."
Putting Tithe.ly Giving in WordPress:
- Log into the admin side of your website.
- Select the page you would like to edit
- If you have any text on this page, locate the area you would like the button to appear.
- Click on the “Add Block” button that appears on the left.
5. From the list of Blocks available select Custom HTML and paste the code into the section provided.
6. Select “Publish” to make your changes go live.
Note: There may be an grey backing or other behind the green Tithe.ly button. This is most likely because you are in editor mode and not live. Publish the page and view as a user on your site to view what it will look like live.
Note: Using the embedded giving form keeps those who wish to give, on your website while they are making the donation. This method has been proven to work better by retaining trust and reducing steps.
ERRORS: Once you've added the custom code and published, or are viewing your page, the giving button may appear as only three broken lines of code with no image, or is a blank text that says ‘Give’ with no button. This may happen because your subscription or theme does not allow custom code. You will need to contact your provider to fix this and use method #2 for the time being.
#2 - Using Direct Website Giving Link
If you cannot or don't want to use the embedded method, you can copy your dedicated Tithe.ly giving form URL by scrolling to the bottom of the Website Giving page and looking for the section titled "Direct Link". Your dedicated giving form URL can be copied from there.
Your Direct Giving Link can either be pasted anywhere you desire on your site or if your site allows, it can be added as a button.
Just add the direct giving link in the URL dedicated section and click save.
Note: If you would like to edit your giving button check out this article.