Adding a giving button to your website doesn't have to be difficult or confusing! You can either use the direct link that takes people to your dedicated online giving form or you can embed your Tithe.ly giving form right into your website using your embed code.
Watch the Video
Read below for detailed instructions.
#1 - Using Giving Form Embed Code
Things to note before you begin:
Before attempting to embed a code on your website please make sure your theme or subscription allows for custom code. If it does not you will need to use method #2 on this article or upgrade your subscription.
It is also important to know if your website is SSL secure. If your site does not has SSL security the Tithe.ly giving button will warn users that the site may not be secure. You can tell is your site has SSL Security if it starts with HTTPS. If your site only starts with HTTP you do not have this and will need to contact your website provider.
Retrieving your Tithe.ly giving form Code:
- Login to your Tithe.ly account and click on the "Website Giving" tab located in the left menu. You'll see a page that looks like the below screen shot.
- If you have multiple organizations (churches, campuses, ministries, etc) setup in your account, select the correct organization from the drop down located near the top.
- Copy the HTML code from the top of the page labeled "Simple Giving Widget."
Embedding the Tithe.ly form code into SquareSpace:
If you have a SquareSpace account log into the admin side of your website. Locate the page you would like to add your giving button.
Add a new option onto your page and select "Code" (top line, fourth from the left).
- A text box will appear. Erase all the text that is inside and paste your code from Tithe.ly.
- Click save and the giving button will appear!
Note: In editor mode within SquareSpace it may show an error code that says ‘Previewing in safe mode’ this will not appear on the published page. Please open another tab and view your website as a user to see what the giving button looks like.
#2 - Using Direct Website Giving Link
If you cannot or don't want to use the embedded method, you can copy your dedicated Tithe.ly giving form URL by scrolling to the bottom of the Website Giving page and looking for the section titled "Direct Link". Your dedicated giving form URL can be copied from there.
Your Direct Giving Link can either be pasted anywhere you desire on your site or if your site allows, it can be added as a button.
Just add the direct giving link in the URL dedicated section and click save.
Note: If you would like to edit your giving button check out this article.