Communicating With People
Tithe.ly ChMS allows you to contact people as well as store their information. You can contact multiple people at once by email, SMS or by printing letters. Templates can be created for emails and letters you send out on a regular basis.
Things to consider:
- Owning your own domain name and having your own email hosting will help ensure emails are sent as expected.
- Add CNAME records to your domains to help prevent emails being considered spam. This article explains how to do this.
- Ensure all email addresses are correct.
There are a number of options for SMS providers, and this article has more information regarding what might work best in your situation. Keep in mind that with the limitations of SMS technology, SMS services in Tithe.ly ChMS are not as robust or versatile as email.
There’s an inbuilt duplicate checker within Tithe.ly ChMS, which helps to ensure you’re not working with duplicate people in the database.
Increasing Reliability of Communication
To help ensure that your SMS and email get through correctly, we recommend doing the following best practices:
- Use an email address from a domain you own, and adding DKIM and SPF records for your domain.
- Use an integrated SMS provider. While Email-to-SMS is free, the technology is just not as reliable.